The following Booking Conditions, together with all the information related to your chosen TOUR, form the basis of your contract with Deep Rainforest- Tour Operator. Please read carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
1 MAKING YOUR BOOKING
To make a booking, you must complete our official booking form. The completed signed official booking form when the tour is booked at the office and official booking form of the website accepted if booked from a remote area, together with the payments will if you make the booking at our office, agent office, money transference if from outside Bolivia or from another town of Bolivia, subject to availability, confirm your tour.
2 YOUR CONTRACT
A binding contract between us comes into existence once the participants have filled in the official booking form of our web site and have submitted it and once when we despatch your Booking Confirmation and Invoice to the party leader, client, agent. When you sign the Official Booking Form & Waivers if booked at the office or accept and fill in the Official Booking Form on our Web site, this contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by Bolivian law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises out of or in connection with this contract or your holiday will be dealt with by the Courts of Bolivia.
3 CANCELLATIONS POLICY AND REFUNDS
The Tours are refundable “only” when:
- Deep Rainforest cancels the Tour due to the Company´s internal problems. 100 % refund.
- The client has purchased a “SHORT TERM INSURANCE” sold by Deep Rainforest and cancels his/her Tour due to illness, delays and cancellations of flights, late arrivals to the places of departures. 100% refund will be given to the client.
- The client cancels his/her Tour THE COMPANY WILL REFUND:
- 80 % 90 days to 6 days prior to departure
- 50 % 05 days to 72 hrs prior to departure
- 00 % 72 hrs to the minute of departure
The Tours are not refundable when:
- Deep Rainforest delays or cancels the Tour before or once it was started, the transport arrives later from one place to another as a result of circumstances outside of the Company´s direct control like, bad weather, closed roads, stuck trucks blocking the roads, palisades, blockades, civil protests, accidents. Deep Rainforest will endeavour to provide safe and fun alternative Tour not necessary the same as the one cancelled.
If you do not want to take the alternative Tour you can get a “Cancellation fee Receipt” that may be able to be used to claim this penalty from your travel insurance. Alternative tours taken by the client do not need a new booking procedure as the client may be in a remote area at the moment of reprogramming his/her schedule, personnel of Deep Rainforest may not be able to reach him/her or the client can be with limited time to get to the office in order to get on the next transport to the starting point of the alternative tour or whichever other reason. All papers used and signed booking forms and waivers signed by the client or submitted Official Booking Form filled out on our website, will be used for the upcoming tours going to be taken by the client.
- Due to illness the client can´t do the Tour (Deep Rainforest reserves the right to fill the vacant space freely)
- Due to illness of one of the clients or accident, once the Tour was started the Company has to cancel the whole Tour or part of it in order to assist or evacuate the injured person/s or which ever other reasons that make the Company cancels the Tour. The Client will get a “Cancellation fee Receipt” that may be able to be used to claim this penalty from his/her travel insurance.
- When the client arrives late and still wants to do the Tour, then he/she can ask the Company to provide a private transport to catch up with the group, sometimes with the risk of losing part of the Tour. All the expenses will be paid by the client. If the client wants to do the tour some other day will do it in accordance with clause 4(change of dates) subject to availability. The Company is not obliged to give the space for the following day or upcoming days.
- Once the Tour was started the client decides not to do the Tour.
4 CHANGE OF DATES
You can change your Tour date according to the following penalties previous verification of availability:
- 10 % 90 days to 6 days prior to departure
- 20 % 05 days to 48 hrs prior to departure
- 50 % 47 hrs to 24 hrs prior to departure
- No change of date 23 hrs to the minute of departure.
- No cancellations or change of date on reprogrammed tour.
5 NO SHOW- CANCELLATIONS – COMPENSATION
The client can get a 25% compensation when she/he cancelled his/her tour, he/she didn´t show up, by doing any other
Tour (of same length) Deep Rainforest operates. The 25% will be taken as a partial payment towards a subsequent Tour.
Never this 25% will be reimbursed in cash.
As long as most of the Tours are not a PRIVATE TOUR. Deep Rainforest reserves the right to change the time of departures and to fill the spaces with people from other agencies or occasional passengers. Once a private tour is contracted the clients are not allowed to add more people to the tour or to the transport. In the unlikely event clients want to add more people they should ask the head office to find out how much more money they have to pay to make possible add more people en route.
7 OUR RESPONSABILITY
The Company is to provide services agreed according to what it has been promised by our personnel, detailed in the booklet and written on the voucher. Both our personnel explanations and the booklet information must coincide. We are responsible for all of the acts and behaviour of our employees before and during the Tours. The Company is not responsible for what it happens after the tour
8 YOUR RESPONSABILITY
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the chosen tour. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. You must give details of your policy (insurer and policy number). Please read your policy details carefully and take them with you on the tour. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance covers cancellations of Tours, adventure tours, rafting, climbing & trekking accidents. If not, you can buy a “SHORT TERM INSURANCE” from the Company. It is also your responsibility to take extreme care of your belongings during the Tours as the Company is responsible at places like campsites and inside vehicles belonging to the Company while travelling and not at places like ports, streets and other public places. I also agree that being VEGAN or having allergy to wheat or other special health condition that doesn’t allow me to eat certain food I will bring my own food on top of the regular food provided by the Company that will not necessarily meet my food requirements
10 PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems during the Tour, you must immediately inform the closest Deep Rainforest office, agent or tour Operator in writing and given to them as soon as possible. If the complaint or problem is not resolved to your satisfaction straight away, you must contact the Head office in La Paz, furthermore the client declares that under no pressure and at his/her own will, will talk first to the Company managers before writing any negative review to any travel forum.